Monday, February 24, 2014

Livin At the Speed of Light



Friday I was up for 18 straight hours. Saturday night I closed down a bar. Sunday I had such a fierce workout I'm starting to notice very visual muscle definition around my abs. What a crazy weekend.

When you're an art columnist for a magazine and you're taking a Writing Arts Criticism course at the same time, you find yourself at a lot of arts and entertainment activities. Just this weekend alone I went to a contemporary dance performance, a modern art gallery, and I painted my own work of art at Painting With a Twist. I think I've been to more artsy events and galleries in the past 5 months than I have in the 4 years I've lived in PA. Also last weekend I was at an awesome concert in West Chester, PA. I saw Black Violin and got to meet them after the show. I bought one of their t-shirts and they signed it.

I'm starting to learn how to function properly with less than 8 hours of sleep. Between waking up due to loud noises in the apartment building and just having a jam packed schedule, I'm not getting 8+ hours. I cherish my sleep so much. However, I'm getting accustomed to 7 hours, which is still adequate according to the National Sleep Association and what not. I don't want to dip below 7 but if I can continue to function at this level, I won't complain.

Function is right. Between work, school, my new gym rat status, school events, magazine events, writing, writing writing and the occasional fun social event with friends...I'm running at the speed of light. I mean, Feb went by in a BLUR. But it was all good stuff. Being busy is good and I'm definitely happier when I've got a loaded plate. That and the fact I'm taking the gym seriously. I even workout on Tuesday nights after working late. Dedication.

Looks like it won't slow down anytime soon. Fortunately this weekend I will just be doing my GLP, or Gym, Laundry, Produce...but the following week I have dinner with one of my good friends, maybe the Flower show, and a few papers sprinkled in between. It is crazy but I love it.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What if I'm not a Writer?

I've mentioned this before. My first book I ever wrote was a few chapters long. Each page was a new chapter. I was in second or third ...