Skip to main content

Livin At the Speed of Light



Friday I was up for 18 straight hours. Saturday night I closed down a bar. Sunday I had such a fierce workout I'm starting to notice very visual muscle definition around my abs. What a crazy weekend.

When you're an art columnist for a magazine and you're taking a Writing Arts Criticism course at the same time, you find yourself at a lot of arts and entertainment activities. Just this weekend alone I went to a contemporary dance performance, a modern art gallery, and I painted my own work of art at Painting With a Twist. I think I've been to more artsy events and galleries in the past 5 months than I have in the 4 years I've lived in PA. Also last weekend I was at an awesome concert in West Chester, PA. I saw Black Violin and got to meet them after the show. I bought one of their t-shirts and they signed it.

I'm starting to learn how to function properly with less than 8 hours of sleep. Between waking up due to loud noises in the apartment building and just having a jam packed schedule, I'm not getting 8+ hours. I cherish my sleep so much. However, I'm getting accustomed to 7 hours, which is still adequate according to the National Sleep Association and what not. I don't want to dip below 7 but if I can continue to function at this level, I won't complain.

Function is right. Between work, school, my new gym rat status, school events, magazine events, writing, writing writing and the occasional fun social event with friends...I'm running at the speed of light. I mean, Feb went by in a BLUR. But it was all good stuff. Being busy is good and I'm definitely happier when I've got a loaded plate. That and the fact I'm taking the gym seriously. I even workout on Tuesday nights after working late. Dedication.

Looks like it won't slow down anytime soon. Fortunately this weekend I will just be doing my GLP, or Gym, Laundry, Produce...but the following week I have dinner with one of my good friends, maybe the Flower show, and a few papers sprinkled in between. It is crazy but I love it.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Destined for Greatness

I pondered the idea of writing "You are Destined for Greatness" and taping it to my bathroom mirror. It sounds like an incredibly cheesy idea straight out of a self-help book, but I thought it was worth trying. Upon further relfection of this idea, I realized it would fail. Not because I would laugh at that statement daily, but rather, I take 100 degree showers. So the ink would run and the paper would crinkle. Plus, I need the whole mirror to examine myself in the morning anyway.

What is greatness? Is it the attribute of world leaders and life changers, or is it a quality in which we can all possess? Is greatness a thing we strive for? Does the prospect of greatness motivate us?

I think it may motivate me. In high school, countless people told me "Mary Anna, you are going places." "Mary Anna, you're going to do big things." "Mary Anna, you're going to be somebody big someday." I'm trying to capture some of that high school MAness …

7 Days Down...23 to Go #Whole30

I survived my first week of #Whole30 with only 3 minor cheats (all accidental). The first, I mentioned in a previous post was the Starbucks coconut milk that is not compliant. Didn't know, wasn't that much milk, everything is fine. The second cheat occurred when I went out to eat with my friend David. I got steak and eggs for dinner, a compliant meal with a side of sauteed mushrooms. The mushrooms are typically compliant except when they are sauteed in garlic and butter. Butter is a no no. So to my horror, my delicious mushrooms were drenched in butter. I literally blotted each mushroom on a napkin before eating it. 

The third and final cheat was a oversight cheat. I ordered a Cobb salad for lunch yesterday with my friend. I can eat all the things in the Cobb, granted I should have asked about where the bacon came from/how it was prepared and read the menu better. I said no to dressing which was fine but I failed to notice the delicious salad comes with crumbles of cheese! Not …

Holy Shit, August.

This month seems nothing short of incredibly. I mean, seriously. It may have been the best month of my life and that is no exaggeration. Let's recap:

August 6
On August 6th my best friend David and I went to see Phillip Phillips and Goo Goo Dolls in concert at Festival Pier. We got there early but a line had formed all the way to Dave and Busters. I thought for sure we'd be stuck in the back of the concert crowd but upon entering the venue I learned that only two full rows had formed (it was GA). I snagged us a spot in row 3/4 a little to the right of the stage. It was perfect. We're going to make it a point to go see them every year. Such a fun concert! 

August 12
I bought tickets months ago but didn't have any friends available for this magical weekend. It was a party bus day trip to Atlantic City. Within the first 20 minutes of the bus ride I had made some friends. I knew the hostess but that was it. Unfortunately after some imbibing I found I was way more interested in…