Friday, May 17, 2013

I Need To Stop Striving For Excellence Because...

...when I don't meet my own standards I feel like a failure.

I got another A- in one of my classes in Jschool. I totally deserved it. I think I know which assignment I didn't do my best on and perhaps destroyed my A+ excellence. This is a fair grade but now I'm just regretting not giving it my all. I regret waiting to the last minute to complete some of my assignments. I regret not utilizing office hours and getting feedback on my areas of "growth." I regret not trying harder. If I truly did my best, I'd have earned an A.

As of today I have all A's and 2 A-'s. That is nothing to scoff at but that isn't perfection and perfection is what I strive for.

My GPA takes a hit again. *sigh* As does my ego.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What if I'm not a Writer?

I've mentioned this before. My first book I ever wrote was a few chapters long. Each page was a new chapter. I was in second or third ...