Monday, August 19, 2013

That Icky Sicky Feeling


Right off the heels of one of the most fun weekends I've had in awhile, my body has decided it wants to shut down. It is like my body is saying "You had too much fun. Time to die."

Not really die, just be incapacitated for a few days.

Friday night I saw Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20 in concert in New Jersey and it was amazing! It was an epic concert with some great people. I loved every minute of it. I then crashed on my friend's couch, woke up, and we went to graduation dinner which consisted of all you can eat, all you can drink, Brazilian Steakhouse style food. I ate my fill of meats, meats, and drank unlimited alcohol. It was pretty epic! I had a blast. Saturday night I returned to my humble abode where I watched Netflix and digested all the protein I consumed.

When I woke on Sunday morning my throat was scratchy. I'm a mouth breather when I sleep so I figured I dried out my throat with the A/C and fan on. I drank hot liquids all day as I completed my weekend chores and errands. I felt fine last night, going to bed early (for me) but had trouble falling asleep. So naturally I took some Zquill. I figured I had beat the dry throat inconvenience with my hot liquids.

Yeah. No. Woke up this morning and I have that I'm about to be sick soon feeling. Fortunately when I get sick I rarely IF EVER get a fever or vomit. I'm typically plagued with sore throats, sinus congestion, runny noses, and headaches. My throat has that scratchy feeling. My voice is still shot (a symptom I thought was due to my concert singing and screaming but should be fixed by now). My head is starting to engage in some pressure points. I'm getting sick. :(

Of course I'm at work because I wasn't sick enough to call out. I can still talk and swallow and I have my handy bottle of Dayquil which I'll chug every 4-6 hours. This shit better run its course ASAP. On one hand I'm grateful I got hit at the beginning of the week. On the other hand I'm terrified this will last and I'll be SICK ON MY BIRTHDAY SATURDAY!

This can not happen.

So I'll be drinking liquids, taking it easy, working, hand sanitizing, avoid breathing on coworkers and drinking my Dayquil with the hopes I can nip this in the butt before the 24th. Let's hope it is just a baby cold and will pass within a few days.

I hate being sick.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What if I'm not a Writer?

I've mentioned this before. My first book I ever wrote was a few chapters long. Each page was a new chapter. I was in second or third ...