Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Road to Health

I'm back on the green smoothie kick and I'm eating a lot more kale than I ever have in my life. It's summer and I wasn't too happy with how I looked in some of my vacation pictures. I felt I could benefit from some healthier decisions. I realized one thing really helps me make the healthiest choices: accountability. 

I am now back to using my FitBit on the regular. I've joined Wellcoin, an app that gives you coins for completing healthy tasks. The coins can be redeemed for actual gift cards and merchandise. I'm checking in with coworkers about their fitness journey. So far I'm doing pretty well with the eating well part but definitely need to step up my exercise. I'm finding that after work I'm just too exhausted and it is too hot outside. I just want to enjoy my parking space on my block and hang out with Bronx. I need to start training soon because the Broad Street Run is a 2016 goal I have. I finished the race under two and a half hours this year but next year I'd like to finish in under two. That is going to take a lot of training to get to that stamina level. 

In other news my birthday weekend is planned. I'm doing some fun waterfront events with some of my closest friends. My Jschool bestie is even going to try to make it down to celebrate with me. It's going to be a blast! 

Nothing else to report, really. Bronx is fine. He has taken to sleeping at the top of the bed with me each night. I usually wake up to him nosing my head, sneezing on me or pawing me in the face. I spent a few extra minutes with him this morning before I left for work. I think it is important to make sure you let your pet know how much they are loved. All too often we get caught up in the chaotic world of "adulting" that we forget that our pets sometimes need reassurance that we love them, that we'll be back, that we have to go to work but will return soon, that we're doing ok. I feel so bad on mornings when I yell at intimate objects because of well...gravity fails and Bronx's ears go back. He gives me this look like, "I didn't do it!" I always make sure I get down on his level and pet him and let him know that I'm not mad at him. It usually ends with him giving me a kiss. 

Adopting him was one of the best decisions I have ever made. :-)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What if I'm not a Writer?

I've mentioned this before. My first book I ever wrote was a few chapters long. Each page was a new chapter. I was in second or third ...