Thursday, August 1, 2013

Random Thoughts on a Rainy Thursday

If you listen to 90's emo music on a rainy day, it might actually make you feel better, or at least feel like the music fits your tired and blah mood.

Sometimes I wish I worked shift work again because you would randomly get days off in the middle of the week. Sometimes I even miss dining services or basic customer service work (like my sweet job as a supervisor at W&M's Campus Recreation Center). Oftentimes I think I could actually be happier as a waitress in a backwoods diner. Not forever, but long enough to get a journalism job.

I don't think I'm ever going to be able to pay off my student loan debt, nor buy my Kia Soul I want, nor buy a house.

I wish I could buy houses in bad neighborhoods, flip them, and rent them out as the neighborhood is gentrified. There is good money in that market but I wouldn't know where to begin. That and I assume if I'm going to buy a house, perhaps it should be one I live in first.

I love Philadelphia and it is truly home to me.

I have to eat a really light dinner before I kick box otherwise the intense cardio gives me indigestion and makes the exercise a not so pleasant experience.

Reading news from different parts of the world about America is an interesting experience.

I guess that is all for now. I should probably focus on my work.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What if I'm not a Writer?

I've mentioned this before. My first book I ever wrote was a few chapters long. Each page was a new chapter. I was in second or third ...