Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Year Older But Probably Not So Wiser



MA's epic birthday weekend was a success. I've yet to have a bad birthday in Philadelphia (not that I want one). Every year I do something different with a new group of friends. I sort of copied off of my plans from last year but it turned out to be pretty spectacular.

I started off birthday morning by biking to a free yoga class near my work neighborhood. I signed a wavier to allow me to participate and told everyone it was my birthday. haha The Yogis were excited for me. After that I biked to kickboxing and then to Reading Terminal for some watermelon and fresh squeezed orange juice. By the time I got back to my apartment, I was exhausted and it wasn't even 12pm yet. I will say this, while biking around the city, people talk to you a lot. They ask you where they can find coffee shops, or yoga places, or just say good morning. It is very interesting.

So after the epic triple threat workout, I got a shower and took a birthday nap. Around 4pm, I went to pick up my best friend David from 30th Street Station and begin the evening portion of birthday fun. We went to my favorite bar, Wrap Shack where I ate delicious birthday wings and even got a birthday discount.

Happy from the feast, we went to Citizen's Bank Park for the Phillies game we had planned for the evening. I got my tickets at Will Call and went up to the gate. The gate guy asked me if I was turning 21 again. (I was wearing a pink fluffy Birthday Girl tiara). I laughed and said, "something like that." He said "Well I don't want to see you get thrown out of here." He was joking but I assured him I was 26 and that wouldn't be an issue.

We checked in at the birthday table so I could have my name in lights after the 4th inning and went to visit a coworker who also works at the stadium. After that we got some cider and took our seats. We were practically on the field! Front row of section 107. It was pretty great.

When I went to get a second cider, the girl who carded me said, "wait, isn't today August 24th?" She apparently missed my birthday tiara and sticker. haha It was funny.

The game went into 18 innings but we only stayed for 13. However, around the 12th inning, my long time dream of getting face time on the jumbotron finally came true. We were spotted by the camera man in the other section and he zoomed in on me and these girls next to me. I got to be on the Jumbotron! It was a great moment and it is officially crossed off of the bucket list.

After inning 13, we left the ballpark and headed to Ray's Happy Birthday Bar for my free birthday shot. We ended up staying for a round or two since it was so vacant. It was great and a bit inexpensive thanks to a potentially blitzed bartender.

We were hungry again after Ray's so we went to a 24 hour Dunkin Donuts and got breakfast sandwiches and then took a cab and headed home.

Everything was perfect from the fitness to the interactions to the weather and the adventures. I had an excellent 26th and looking forward to the year ahead.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What if I'm not a Writer?

I've mentioned this before. My first book I ever wrote was a few chapters long. Each page was a new chapter. I was in second or third ...