Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Sympathy for the Devil


In the final days of 2016, I was walking Bronx down the street and some neighborhood Mummers were testing their giant stereo system that was attached to a truck. The song, "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones was blasting at house-shaking volume. It was such a happy song. I've heard it many times before, but on that sunny day while walking my dog, it felt perfect. Now I can't stop listening to it. I'm listening to it right now. 

So it is 2017! Wow! I failed at blogging last year. With a measly what, seven posts? Sorry. If you read the recap, you saw it was a very busy year. I don't have as much downtime as I used to have. Work keeps me insanely busy and I cherish the few precious personal hours I get after work and spend them cooking dinner and hanging out with my dog. This year will be different...maybe. I'll write more. I promise. 

In other resolutions, I think I'm starting Whole30 on January 9. Why not this week? Well, I have some dairy I need to polish off before I start this thing. I'm not going to throw out perfectly good milk and fat free cottage cheese because I'm trying the Whole30 thing out. So I'll eat the forbidden foods an then begin anew. Things I will have to adjust to: black coffee, no dairy, no grains, and I like beans but no beans OR CORN...WHY NO CORN? haha

TODAY is the day I started weighing in. Every morning and evening this month I'm tracking my weight. After this month I'll be doing it once a week. I want to get a baseline for my fluctuations. I'm not frustrated by the number on the scale. I accept it. It can only get better from here. 

I spent New Year's Eve de-hoarding my apartment. I got my bathroom and office done on NYE and my living room and kitchen done the day after New Year's. Still working on the bedroom and finishing touches in the living room. I've got tons of trashbags ready to go out with stuff I no longer need and some donation bags at the ready too. My apartment feels cleaner and ready for 2017. Bye bye baggage. 

Well, that's all I got today. Happy 2017 everyone!

Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment

What if I'm not a Writer?

I've mentioned this before. My first book I ever wrote was a few chapters long. Each page was a new chapter. I was in second or third ...