Monday, January 23, 2017

Ohhh We're Halfway There...Ohhhh, Living on a Prayer!


DAY 15 of #Whole30. Halfway done. Whew! I'm down about 13 pounds. I haven't cheated. I even went out to my kickboxing studio's member's night at a BAR that I LOVE and I did not drink alcohol. Nope. The bartender hooked me up with an on-the-house club soda with lime and a splash of grapefruit juice to make it look like a cocktail. It was delicious and I was grateful.

Sunday night meal prep is now a ritual. I boil 9 eggs, cut up various produce all while cooking my Whole 30 dinner. This weekend was a great weekend for produce because Acme was having their bag a buck produce sale! I was able to get oranges, garlic, potatoes, steam veggies and more for only $1 each. My wallet was pretty pleased and I walked out with a TON of food. 

This morning we welcomed a new coworker with homemade scones and fruit. I didn't even blink at the scones and helped myself to a nice plate of fruit. Boo ya.

Doing this challenge has made me realized the food I DO miss. I miss dairy...like...putting cream or milk into my coffee in the morning. I miss cheese occasionally. I miss wine. I don't really miss sugar too much, or bread...though a slice of pizza would be pretty great right about now. 

15 down. 15 to go. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What if I'm not a Writer?

I've mentioned this before. My first book I ever wrote was a few chapters long. Each page was a new chapter. I was in second or third ...