Thursday, January 26, 2017

#Whole30 Day 18

I'm over it. Yesterday I sat in a meeting where the most delicious pizza was served. I know this because I usually partake in the delicious pizza. Yesterday, I did not. Instead I took a heaping of tossed salad but there were no more forks left. So I ate the lettuce.......with my hands. 

I miss dairy. I'm over black coffee, black tea and even sparkling water is getting old. I miss cheese. I miss feeling full without feeling bloated. I miss normal bathroom trips. I miss not having to be aware of everything I put in my mouth all the time. Did I mention, I miss pizza? 

It is Day 18 of #Whole30. I'm not quitting but I'm being tested. Last night was particularly stressful as my bedroom ceiling began to fall apart. Pieces of plaster and chips of paint were found scattered on my floor and bed. In a pinch I had to clean the mess up, sleep in my living room and arrange for Bronx to go to daycare today so my landlord can fix the damage. Not what I needed on an already stressful week. I felt my typical longing for wonton soup or comfort food OR WINE set it. These moments help me realize what triggers my disastrous food/drink cravings. The whole project is one epic learning experience. 

I'm over it but I'm not finished. I will see this damn thing through. After all, despite the discomfort and missing out on some really tasty but horrible for you treats....the program is working. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What if I'm not a Writer?

I've mentioned this before. My first book I ever wrote was a few chapters long. Each page was a new chapter. I was in second or third ...