Monday, January 9, 2017

Whole30 Begins

Today is Day #1 of 30 for the Whole30 challenge. That's right folks...nothing but non-processed meats, vegetables and fruit for 30 days. No dairy, no grains, no alcohol. But all the eggs, baby carrots and cauliflower my heart desires. 

First let me be honest with you...this challenge is expensive. I dropped a whopping $90 on this week's meal plan ingredients at Acme. ACME! Not Whole Foods...but ACME! The cost of produce is pretty steep. I turned down avocados, cucumbers and peppers simply because I could not justify the price. However the spaghetti squash, coconut milk and La Croix waters put a hefty dent in the bill. I was glad to find peaches were on sale as were cantaloupe. 

This challenge involves a great amount of TIME...perhaps my most precious resource. I made the mistake of not properly planning out meal prep last night and was left in a pinch. I boiled some eggs and made a HUGE salad (which I know will be the most unfulfilling thing ever) for lunch today. Tonight I'm going to do things right and make a chicken, tomato, spaghetti squash casserole. That should last a few days a be a bit more hardy. 

I'm also on Day #1 of drinking black coffee. I'm drinking Dunkin's Coldbrew. It leaves something to be desired but I'll get used to it. There is no way I can nail this challenge without coffee. 

I also made a motivational advent calendar of sorts. For 30 days I have tear off post it notes that reveal a reason I'm doing this thing in the first place. My hope is that it helps keep me motivated to finish the challenge. 

My first temptation hit me the second I walked into work. Laying on the break room table were a few long stemmed chocolate dipped candies. It looked like strawberries or cake pops, I wasn't sure. I love cake pops! I gave them a passing glance and went on to cut up my breakfast grapefruit. This is going to be a long and bumpy ride but I'm determined to do it!

30 Days. I can do this. 29 more to go. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What if I'm not a Writer?

I've mentioned this before. My first book I ever wrote was a few chapters long. Each page was a new chapter. I was in second or third ...