Monday, January 8, 2018

7 Days Into a Better Life

The first week of 2018 proved to be a good one. I drank at least 64 oz of water each and every day. I faithfully completed week one of the SELF Magazine New Year's Challenge. I wrote every night. I did my nightly skin care routine. I attempted to get up early each day but that is going to be a struggle. I caught up with all of my work and even had time to watch a few movies. I was focused and determined. 

Now it is week two. Still focused, still determined and still struggling with waking up early. When my alarm blared at 6:15am this morning I was sure it was a mistake. What is that noise? I thought. I wondered if it was my on-call phone or something outside, but alas no...it was my alarm..waking me up for a chilly Monday. 

Being present and mindful all of the time is hard work. I've mentioned this before when I've embarked on such challenges and vowed to get my life in order. Drinking so much water a difficult (first world problems, I know). Making sure the workout happens no matter what. Pushing myself to do what needs to be done when I'd rather just nap. I did accomplish what needed to be done this weekend, though! My apartment is damn near immaculate. I worked tirelessly to renovate some of my spaces, adding lights or moving things around to breathe life into my apartment that I've been living in for almost three years. 

The only snag in my epic plans, was my kitchen sink decided it wanted to leak. The drain basin needs plumber's putty or something because if the sink is on, it now leaks into the cabinet below. I called my landlord about it, but I had to wash my dishes in my bathtub...a skill I learned from watching Hoarder's, actually. Hoping for a fix today because I use a lot of pots/pans/dishes with my healthy recipes. Last night I made shrimp "fried" rice, which was shrimp cauliflower rice. 

So, let's go week two! Bring it on! (Gently)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What if I'm not a Writer?

I've mentioned this before. My first book I ever wrote was a few chapters long. Each page was a new chapter. I was in second or third ...